In accessories fashion holidays nail art nail polish nails neon NYC nyc pride parade OOTD south by soho SOUTHbySOHO summer what I wore white

Pride

Sunday was the NYC Pride Parade and Manhattan became a magical rainbow-filled land of happiness (unless you were trying to cross 5th Avenue anywhere in the city- best of luck with that). In addition to what I wore, I thought I'd share some snapshots from the day:
Above: a very excited (and sweaty) flower-power child, the Dykes on Bikes motorcycle gang, and the world's greatest feather headdress.

Clockwise from top: the best Delta flight attendant you've never had, some excited-looking pleebs, the world's cutest boys and girls scouts promoting equality for the Boy Scouts of America, and ABS. 
There were so many abs kids.

 Also above- half the freaking cast of Orange Is The New Black, which makes sense since Laverne Cox was the grand marshal of the parade this year. But that doesn't explain why Poussey was real excitedly pointing at us... no big deal.


TANK: J. CREW + SHORTS: AMERICAN APPAREL + BAG: DOUNEY&BOURKE  VINTAGE THRIFT + SANDALS: AMERICAN EAGLE (old) + MUSTACHE NECKLACE: URBAN OUTFITTERS (sold out, SIMILAR)

NAIL POLISHES: ESSIE (Pastels) + URBAN OUTFITTERS (Bolds) + AMERICAN APPAREL (Neons) 

For the parade, I decided to go with an all white ensemble to show off some rainbow accents! (Proof you don't need to own rainbow clothing to dress thematically). This outfit was easily put together by painting my nails in all my favorite shades (I mixed it up with pastels on one hand and brights on the other) and painting rainbow war paint using acrylic paint I already had in my bottomless craft drawer. Face painting tip: if you squirt little dabs of paint on the back of your hand, like I usually do when painting my face, try this tip- rub a bit of lip balm over the back of your hand before squirting your little paint blobs on it, then when you scoop the paint up with your brush, it will get mixed with the balm just a little bit and won't dry out as much or crack on your face. This also coats your hand so wiping the excess paint off is a breeze. 


 ☮♡&ladybugs,
Ashley

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SouthBySoHo. Powered by Blogger.