In benevolent jewels c wonder clothing cute dinner parties fashion holidays michael kors nail polish nails OOTD pink south by soho SOUTHbySOHO spring style blog

Shower Season



Ah, tis the season of showers (yes, rain... but we're talking bridal showers today)
The summer wedding season is almost upon us, so if your nearest and dearest are getting hitched this year you're probably starting to make the bridal shower rounds. I went back to the great state of MD this weekend to attend one myself, and thought I'd share some of my bridal shower fashion do's with all of you:


Attractive "windblown" shot

\


A bridal shower is all about celebrating your lady friend, so this isn't the time to wear that edgy show-stopper you've been wanting to show off. It's her day. Since this is usually a chance for the girls to get together sans-significant others, pick something feminine! I chose an extra girly fit-and-flare dress in hot pink and added a few pale lilac accents with my jewelry and nails. This is what I would call the grown up version of pink + purple... it takes me back to simpler, barbie loving days.


  
BRACELET: J Crew (available in store) + LARGE RING: C Wonder + SMALL RING: Madewell (part of set) + EARRINGS: Benevolent Jewels "Frozen Blossom" + NAIL POLISH: Essie "Go Ginza"

Benevolent Jewels is also having a 30% off sale for Mother's Day with the code LOVEMOM, 
so go go go before it's over!


DRESS: Topshop "Crepe Flippy Dress" (avail. in citrus color - sold out in pink) 
also love this lilac dress + SHOES: Michael Kors "Damita" Wedges + 
PURSE: Michael Kors "Selma" Bag


I'll try not to harp on about how much I love these uber comfortable wedges in yet another post, but let's just say I was REAL glad I wore them when I was easily carrying my serving platters up the hill to the house and looked behind me to see another guest ever so painfully hiking it up the 45 degree hill (not an exaggeration) carrying 5 large gift boxes (also not an exaggeration- why so many gifts girl?) while wearing 4 inch pumps. She, naturally, went barefoot for the rest of the party.

Last tip: every once in a while, kick off those shoes and play in the grass! It's FINALLY spring kiddies.



☮♡&ladybugs,
Ashley

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SouthBySoHo. Powered by Blogger.