In clothing cute fashion j crew jewelry michael kors nail polish NYC OOTD outfit of the day shopping south by soho SOUTHbySOHO spring style blog summer what I wore white

Back to Basics


Let's face it, even in NYC, there are days when you are not in the mood to get all gussied up. 
So go ahead girl, make it a casual Friday, but when you're dressing down, pick classic pieces and you'll be sure to look classy. 



BLOUSE: Nordstrom Lush Tee + CAMISOLE: MOSSIMO DUTTI (last season- love THIS season's top) + DENIM: J Crew Toothpick Jean + OMBRE SCARF: Joe Fresh + SHOES: Marc Fisher (sold out online- still in store at Macy's) SIMILAR LOAFERS: These or These


What's more classic than jeans and a white t-shirt? I absolutely love this LUSH TOP because the light material and flowiness of the shirt is a big step up from a regular cotton tee. It looks great with jeans or even tucked into skirts, and the higher neckline is great for showing off large statement necklaces. 

I actually found this top in the B.P. (aka juniors) section of Nordstrom. While there are definitely things I would not buy as an adult in that department, I get a lot of great deals on classic-with-a-twist looking pieces that are a fraction of the price of the designer women's department there. This top is now only $20 on the Nordstrom website.



These J. Crew toothpick jeans. Buy them. They're perfect. A good weight, but stretchy, the midrise sits on my hips perfectly, makes my butt look good, has a classic medium/dark rinse, and they don't get too tight around my ankle. I actually bought mine in the "ankle" version, so I just flip the bottom to give them a tiny cuff (I am not into big cuffs...) and they look so cute with all my flats, sandals and heels for warm weather!




DROP EARRINGS: ANTHROPOLOGIE + BANGLES: SOUTH MOON UNDER (old) & MICHAEL KORS + BAG: MICHAEL KORS HAMILTON TOTE + RINGS: MADEWELL (part of set) & FOREVER 21


Did I mention these shoes?? I try and try to like flats, but they are always cutting into my heel or flapping off my food every other step. I just can't get it right. Enter the loafer- they are SO comfortable. Forgo the slipper-esque moccasin look and go with a bit more structured-toe loafer style. That, paired with a crisp, bright white leather and tiny chain detail is an old-school trend I am so glad to be back this season.


Photos by Jia of Catwalk-Chic

☮♡&ladybugs,
Ashley

Related Articles

1 comments:

SouthBySoHo. Powered by Blogger.