In clothing cute fashion NYC OOTD outfit of the day shopping south by soho SOUTHbySOHO style blog summer what I wore

Overalls


Yes. I will grant you that most summer days are all about some flowery sundresses or high waisted shorts. But when I'm knee-deep in DIY projects on the weekend, there is nothing I love more than my overalls. Fun fact: When I was in high school, I was convinced "skirt-alls" were about to be the next big thing, so I bought a god-awful pair of overalls at Old Navy (sorry old navy, but what were you thinking when you stocked a mid-calf length overall-skirt?) But I digress. I purchased said skirt-alls (and remade the skirt portion into a mini skirt) and proudly wore them to school ...mmm twice? before being unable to endure the ridicule of my rather conservatively dressed mother as I got ready in the morning. Obviously I was merely 8 years ahead of the trend because OVERALLS ARE BACK BABY.

So I'm a bit excited. 



Just a quick break to terrify some bystander by freaking out over her tiny dog. 
BUT SERIOUSLY. LOOK AT HIM!





TOP: ARITZIA (SIMILAR) + OVERALLS: AQUA (BLOOMINGDALE'S) + BOOTS: DV BY DOLCE VITA + HEADWRAP: FOREVER21 + NAIL POLISH: ESSIE "TART DECO"


And check out the sweet headband- perhaps you recall my obsession with THIS beaded Anthropologie headscarf that I wear to work, no joke, at least once a week on what I like to call Ashley-hasn't-washed-her-hair-in-too-long day. Since I love headscarves, but try not to wear my nice ones when I'm sweating or getting dirty, I picked up a few new ones recently at Forever 21. 
Anthro headscarf = $30. This headscarf = $3. 


So throw on your overalls and be a badass this weekend. Just call me Beyashley the Riveter. Rosie Ashyoncé? Who knows, but the moral is obviously that all the cool kidz wear headwraps and denim onesies. And this picture is solid solid proof.



Related Articles

1 comments:

SouthBySoHo. Powered by Blogger.